They say poker is just a game of luck! But the fact is that with the right strategies, techniques and tricks up your sleeve, you can easily master the game of chance. One of the most popular forms of poker, Texas Holdem is played and enjoyed all over the world. Now, to bag the game you need to get few strategies straight, your game face on and lots of practice!
There are few basic strategies to win a game of Texas Holdem Poker. Once you master them with time, you can chalk out your own strategies and gibe your opponents a run for their money. Now, the first thing that you need to keep in mind is without a good sense of observation, it will be not only tricky but nearly impossible to win even if you know your game rules well. Keenly monitor your opponent’s behavior, his body language, his betting pattern etc to get an idea of how strong his hands are. Along with a sense of observation comes spontaneity and confidence. No matter how strong your cards are, without the right dose of bluffing and spontaneity, winning can get tricky.
Figuring out your betting strategy:
Before actually figuring out how to place your bets, focus on 3 essentials, namely-
- Milking Cards: This pair includes couple of deuces
- Big Pair Cards: This card combination of 2 includes queens, kings, jacks and aces.
- Draws: Draws basically are card pairs with lesser denotations and hold less value than big pair cards
Now that you know you pairs well, the following tips will help you make the most out of a game of Texas Holdem.
- The idea is to hold the very last spot among your competitors. This way not only you buy time to observe others strategy, but also formulate your tactics accordingly. Keep a track on how the community cards (open cards) are used by your opponents to get an idea on how strong their hands are.
- Now, there is nothing wrong in being aggressive while playing, but keep in mind that if you hold a pair of non paired cards whose value is smaller than ten, fold before flop. If you are too confident and see a possibility of a flush or a straight, you can stick in with a smaller value of that particular suit.
- The next thing to keep in mind is that if your cards aren’t good enough then always pass your bet and wait for a stronger move. Learn to be patient.
- Post the flop, with 7 players competing, if you don’t hold a sound position, you might hesitate to cut the losses. This is a common mistake novices make. Go ahead and get out of your hand. But with number of players decreasing, the chances of your opponent having a stronger hand also decrease. You might as well be aggressive at this point.
With these tricks and techniques in mind, all you need to do further is sharpen your skills and the one and only way of doing so is getting adequate practice. So get your friends together, your deck of card ready and start practicing. Soon you will be a master of Texas Holdem poker